Thursday, October 11, 2012

Is education slowly killing the creative mindset?

In my opinion education is slowly killing creativity. As students strive to achieve their goal of pursuing a high level education they slowly loose track of what is important. Trust me I know that mathematics science and literature are all important but there is another side of education that is often forgot. That side is creativity. Students become to caught up in the main topics of school and are pushed away from the fine arts. The only time I have been creative in school is in an art class. Yes I have had to be creative in writing papers and doing projects but that is a different kind of creativity in which I do not enjoy. I couldn't tell you the last time I have taken an art class but it was many years ago. During these art classes my mind actually felt open and I wanted to create. We as society need to change the educational system to further include creativity through out.

No comments:

Post a Comment