Monday, November 12, 2012

Rob Dyrdek... The Creative Genius


When the word genius comes to mind I think of how there have been so many geniuses that have lived throughout the years. But when it comes to pin pointing one a true genius my mind begins to crumple. Thinking of someone that is truly genius is very difficult. People that may seem like they fit the genius profile end up slowly getting knocked off the chart because they do not “qualify.”  When I think of a genius I think of someone that is extremely creative and is able to turn their creative ideas into something more. Something more consists of helping out other people or improving their way of life. One person that I truly think is a genius is Rob Dyrdek. When you look at Rob you might think how is this guy a genius?  Well first of all this young man is a professional skateboarder, actor, entrepreneur, producer and reality TV star. At the young age of 38, Rob is a very accomplished man with many skateboarding world records and three of his own TV shows.
I believe that Rob fits the genius profile for many reasons. First of all he obviously has to be extremely creative if he is the stars in three of his own TV shows. How many people have more than one TV show? I can’t think of any. Rob is also creative in what he does as a person. Has anyone ever seen the show Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory? In my opinion this has to be the most creative reality TV show on television.  In this show Rob purchased a large factory in which he and his team at Dyrdek Enterprise work.  According to the show you would think that they don’t really work but instead they find creative ways to have fun with in the factory. For example, they build and indoor skate park, a foam pit, and a zip line all in the factory. The show somehow never gets old because they always have new ideas and things to do.
I know I said in my definition that a genius has to turn their creative ideas into something more. Rob also perfectly fits this genius trait. Rob incorporates creative ideas into helping out his charity or fundraiser. Robs charity is called the Rob Dyrdek Foundation. Rob goes around to underprivileged neighborhoods where he finds an area to build a skate park for the underprivileged kids. In doing this Rob uses his creative mindset to create unique skate parks for the kids. I truly believe that Rob is a creative genius and I am excited to see what he does in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment